Breast Cancer Stories
When confronted with a diagnosis of breast cancer it’s natural to seek the voices of those who have faced similar experiences. Despite the complexities of breast cancer treatment sometimes simply knowing breast cancer survivors before you have faced similar challenges provides a bit of extra strength.
Many of our patients have not only managed to move on after treatment – many have thrived. We hope you find these stories from breast cancer survivors helpful … and perhaps a bit inspirational … as you find your own way on this unanticipated journey.
Your Breast Cancer Story
We welcome additions to our breast cancer stories section. We have found breast cancer survivor stories resonate best when they reflect upon approaches toward the illness, coping strategies, managing work and the needs of family and communicating with a support network. Of particular importance and inspiration are the many ways patients managed to fortify their heart and mind for the fight.
Here are a few questions we believe will help get you started as you write your story.
- What were your emotions when first confronted with the diagnosis?
- What steps did you find useful to establish a support system?
- How did you handle the emotional and physical stress of treatment?
- How did your husband, children, parents, extended family and friends relate to your diagnosis? Were you surprised by anyone’s response and, if so, in what way?
- Did the diagnosis challenge you spiritually? In what way? How did you address this challenge?
We would like to ask you to please avoid including any specific treatment details. Every patient is unique. No two breast cancer diagnoses are the same. The details of treatment will vary for each and every patient.
If you would like additional information, or would like to submit your story, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.