Michelles Place to Host John Link, M.D. for a Complementary Lecture about the Latest Developments in Breast Cancer Treatment
Noted Breast Cancer Oncologist and Author to Discuss Topics found in the 5th Edition of his book “The Breast Cancer Survival Manual”
TEMECULA, Calif., March 8, 2013 – Michelles Place, a nonprofit breast cancer resource center serving the Temecula Valley, announced it will host Breastlink medical oncologist and founder John Link, M.D. for a complimentary public lecture and book signing on March 19, 2013 at its Temecula location.
Dr. Link, the author of the recently published The Breast Cancer Survival Manual, 5th Edition, will discuss how recent medical and scientific advancements are changing the treatment of breast cancer. The fifth edition contains 30 percent new material and highlights the latest medical developments on breast cancer, including:
- New genomic classification of breast cancer and its importance in treatment planning.
- Advancements in cancer gene testing, which determines if a woman will benefit from chemotherapy.
- New developments in breast cancer surgery, including technological improvements in surgical lymph node removal.
- The role of preventative drugs and prophylactic mastectomy for those with high genetic risk.
- The continued importance of getting a second opinion.
A book signing will immediately follow Dr. Link’s lecture.
- WHAT: A complimentary public lecture from Dr. John Link about the latest advancements in breast cancer treatment. Dr. Link will discuss new information found in The Breast Cancer Survival Manual, 5th Edition, the latest edition of his classic reference guide for breast cancer patients.
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Michelles Place, 27645 Jefferson Ave., #117, Temecula, CA 92590
- WHO: John Link, M.D. author of The Breast Cancer Survival Manual, 5th Edition
- RSVP: Please RSVP no later than March 18 to Judee at (951) 699-5455.
Breastlink is a network of comprehensive breast health centers, offering full-service breast cancer treatment from initial screenings to the successful completion of treatment. Breastlink has a multidisciplinary team of oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, psychotherapists, researchers and patient advocates on staff to address the needs of breast cancer patients.
About Michelles Place
Michelles Place is a local resource center for women and their families dealing with breast cancer. Michelles Place offers all of our services free to the community. We provide free wigs, prosthesis, bras, hats, scarves and support groups. We also have a lending library and a survivor telephone support system. The survivor network provides newly diagnosed women and their families with a source to answer their questions, find comfort and provide insight into their new diagnosis.
We offer free educational seminars monthly that are open to the public. These seminars offer information on nutrition, breast health, breast cancer prevention, exercise, stress relief and methods to help in the healing process. Michelles Place also provides free weekly exercise classes, yoga, a support group for children and temporary financial assistance to women going through treatment.
Michelles Place is located at 27645 Jefferson Ave., Suite 117 in Temecula, CA. For more information please visit michellesplace.org.